Tuesday, June 21, 2005

VoIP here I come

I had been debating whether or not to give Voice Over Internet Protocol a try. After paying $100 for my phone service last month, I decided it was time. I signed up for service through Vonage. $24.99/mo to make calls anywhere in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. The router came today, and I realized I have no (zip, zero, nada) outlets left. So it will be off tomorrow for a larger surge protector with more outlets. I'll let you know what I think of it after I've had a chance to check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Markowitz said...

I think you'll like it. We've had it for awhile here at the house and voice quality is generally very good.

If you are porting over your old phone number, you need to stay on top of Vonage, though. After we tried Vonage and decided to port our Verizon number over, it took awhile and I had to email Vonage customer support to get them to refax the authorization letter to Verizon.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home