Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Nice Afternoon

On a whim, I took off late this morning and headed out to Tracy, CA. I had 2 reasons for doing this. #1, they have a Sonic Drive-In there and I love the banana shakes you get at Sonic. #2, I always wanted to check out Bethany Reservoir. I had seen it on maps and seen the signs from Grant Line Rd pointing to it, so I decided to go check it out. I found the Sonic with no problem, but I guess they moved the reservoir. I ended up in Brentwood (Contra Costa County, not L.A. area). I then decided to check out Los Vaqueros Reservoir, between Brentwood & Livermore on Vasco Rd, another one I had been meaning to check out. It was somewhat overcast with a bit of wind when I got there. Since there weren't a lot of people I decided to give it a try. I started fishing at 1pm, quit at 4pm. In those 3 hours I caught 3 trout between 10" & 14" and had 2 others throw the hook before I got them to shore. Not bad. I would have stayed but since it wasn't a planned trip I didn't have a book to read or a walkman for music, so I decided to call it quits and head back. If you live in the S.F. Bay Area, or are planning a visit, I would recommend a visit to Los Vaqueros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home