Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Home again

I'm back home. As much as I enjoyed my trip and spending some time with my lovely lady, getting home after being gone for 2 weeks is always nice.

My trip started with a fiasco. I had a room reserved at the Fairfield Inn (part of Marriott) at the north end of the DFW Airport. A smoking room. My reservation even said "smoking room guaranteed." In return for my "guaranteed room" I had to guarantee the fact that I would show up with a credit card.

Fast forward to my arrival. The desk clerk informed me that there were no smoking rooms. The general manager informed me that the whole smoking floor was being renovated and I was out of luck. When I called Marriott's Customer Service Department the rep I spoke to was adamant that I should get my room, even if they had to allow me to smoke in a non-smoking room. The GM of the Fairfield was just as adamant that they were not going to allow me to smoke in any room. Now we know that the Fairfield Inn at DFW doesn't stand behind room guarantees, even though they expect you to guarantee performance on your part.

A letter is going out to Marriott today, I'll post their response when I get it.

For those that think this is a "smoker vs non-smoker" issue, it's not. It's about providing what you had guaranteed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home