Monday, June 06, 2005

The Fairfield Inn Responds

You may have seen my previous post in which the fairfiled Inn at DFW North failed to honor my "guaranteed" reservation for a smoking room. I did write a letter of complaint to the Marriott Corporation, detailing what happened and how I felt insulted that while they require me to guarantee performance by giving them a credit card number to bill if I don't show up, there is no reciprocal guarantee that the room I have reserved will be there for me. The general manager of the Fairfield responded, with the usual apology. She threw some extra points into my account to move me closer to a free night and offered me a discounted room on my next trip. She even said she had arranged a room at a different hotel in Las Colinas (if I wanted to stay in Las Colinas I would have booked a room there) but could reach me on my cell (probably because I was on the phone with Marriott customer no-service). She never did address the issue of how it is that they expect their customers to guarantee performance, but have no obligation to do so themselves. On the flip end of that trip was a stay at a Courtyard by Marriott that was an experience in itself. Those experiences were also in the letter to Marriott, but there has been no response from that hotel. On my last couple trips I have stayed at Best Western hotels and have been very satisfied. I guess I know (and I bet you do too) who will be getting my business from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home