Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Evil Black Rifle

The EBR (Evil Black Rifle..so called by my ex-wife) and I went to the range last night. It's a Savage 100 with a synthetic stock in .30-06. I went not out of any big desire, just because I hadn't shot it for quite a while. I didn't have any handloads for it so I grabbed a box of factory PMC 150gr PSP ammo, my eye & ear protection & off we went. With my handloads, this rifle will consistently shoot sub 1" groups. That wasn't the case with this PMC ammo, but it could have been close. I didn't take anything special to steady the rifle on the bench, I just used the range 4X4s, carpeting and sandbags, as shown in the photo. I think with good equipment to steady the rifle, the groups may have been as good as I get with my handloads.

The EBR

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Markowitz said...

That's not an EBR. THIS (http://www.building-tux.com/images/AR15A3.jpg) is an EBR.

:-)

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home