Monday, February 05, 2007

A Good Thing

According to an AP article from the Seattle Times, Many states are protesting the Federal requirements for drivers licenses issued after May 2008. The provisions were part of the Real ID Act of 2005. While I am glad for any reason that States would stand up against this intrusion of privacy, I think the real reason the various States are protesting this is cost, not privacy. Should the FedGov decide to fund this, I think the issue would die on the State's agenda and it would be up to individuals to protest this invasion of privacy and what would become a de-facto internal passport.

Read the article here.

2 Comments:

Blogger HCP said...

Thanks for reading my blog ... I thought I'd return the favor.

I guess it doesn't matter to me that much if we do have a national ID ... as long as it isn't as easy to duplicate, as the article states at the end.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

I guess I really "don't" pay (enough) attention to the news, all of this is complete news to me :( Good thing I (at least) got my license prior to 2008!!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home