Monday, November 27, 2006

A Day (and counting) Without The Internet

It started late Saturday night. Around 11 PM local time. The network I get my internet access through went down. No prob, I thought, they'll get it running again in the morning. Nope. All day Sunday. Nothing. Nada. Zip. This morning it still wasn't working so I grabbed my laptop and went to the local Starbucks to check my email. Now as I sit at work I can check my email through webmail, but when I tried plugging my laptop into the network it wouldn't connect. I've had this problem before, I wish I remember what the solution was.

It is amazing just how much I use the internet. All day long I would think of something and start to head to the computer to check it out. Then to remember I couldn't get online.

It's hard to believe that 10 years ago the web was just in it's infancy. Maybe it wasn't even going then, I can't recall to tell the truth. I do know that in a short period of time it has become a major part of my life.

That is kinda scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home