Friday, December 01, 2006

Rain, Rain, Come On Back!

The last couple of days have been interesting here in The Ozarks. On Wednesday it started off cloudy with thunderstorms hitting Wednesday Night. It rained most of the night Wednesday and on into Thursday. Thursday afternoon the rain changed to sleet and spent the next several hours laying down a sheet of ice, finally turning to snow about 10 PM. Today dawned nice & clear, with the snow sparkling and the windshield covered. Not having anywhere I had to go, I really didn't mind, but when I was walking the dog it was a bit slippery. The only bad thing was the windshield. Being a California guy, I don't have any scrapers or anything like that in my car. I also didn't have any Windsheild De-Icer to clear the windshield. You can bet that will be remedied before the next storm!

Where I am, I can see the parking lot of one of the local theaters. It was interesting to watch when the early show let out (around 5:30PM). There were a few folks who had to be towed out from the parking lot, and one bus that slid sideways quite a distance down the parking lot. The driver finally decided that maybe putting on the chains would not be a bad idea. Another bus I saw made it out on to the street only to lose traction and be stuck in the middle of the road. He finally was able to back a ways down the hill and get himself a running start.

Today the sky was clear, and the roads have been cleared, so all is getting back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home