Saturday, September 27, 2008

Who Won The Debate?

The first debate between Senators Obama & McCain was held last night. Somehow, the idea seems to become prevelant that instead of the debate being a forum for each to postulate his ideas and convictions, it is instead a contest to be won or lost.

I don't agree with that. The debate should be a forum where each is asked the same question, given a chance to make his point uninterrupted (Senator Obama, if that word is new to you, have an aide explain it) and if necessary, allow each a chance to rebut their opponent's statement.

As for the winner of last night's debate....well, I think Senator McCain held his composure much better, provided clear and concise answers, and came out looking better than Senator Obama. From what I've seen on TV, CNN disagrees with me, Fox news agrees with me. So all is normal in our world.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home