Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sourdough Biscuits

Well, yesterday I told you about my experience with sourdough pancakes. Not a failure, but not a success either.

Last night, I was having a nice southern dinner of red beans & rice, so I decided some biscuits would go good with it. I looked on the 'net and chose this recipe. As my dinner was cooking, I assembled and mixed the dry ingredients, added the starter, mixed it, kneaded it, cut out the biscuits placed them on my Lodge Fajita Skillet and baked them.

They were good, not great. They were tasty, but were missing something. If you had opened the link to the recipe, then follow the steps I took, maybe you have already noticed what I did wrong. If you haven't noticed, I forgot the butter! The recipe called for butter cut into the dry ingredients before adding the sourdough starter and mixing, kneading, etc. What is surprising is how well they did taste with any added fats. I am going to try them soon with the recipe followed correctly.

Today I am trying to make a loaf of sourdough bread, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home