Monday, August 15, 2005

Overpriced? I don't know....

In a mildly interesting article on the CNN/Money website, there is a chart of a list of items perceived as "overpriced", "on the brink of being overpriced" and "good values". Gas was listed as overpriced and I think we would all agree on that. So were prescription drugs, which I would have never considered as I pay a flat co-pay and that is it. I also don't need many drugs, prescription or over the counter. I also found it interesting that Designer Jeans and Designer Shoes were listed. It seems pretty simple to me that if you feel they are overpriced, don't buy them or wait for them to come on sale or show up at an outlet.

I guess I don't understand the science of shopping.

One of the biggest surprises to me was that cell phone plans were listed as being on the brink of overpricing. I am a 20 year cell veteran. I still remember my first portable phone. It was a little bigger than a Tom Clancy novel in hardcover, the plan costs $60/mo (before taxes) for 30 minutes, it was before the days of free roaming and free long distance. A monthly bill of under $200 was cause for celebration.

My, how things have changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home