Monday, March 24, 2008

Earthquake Preparedness

This article from the San Francisco Chronicle made me think about earthquake preparedness. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have been told for years to have a basic disaster kit at home. Here we call them "earthquake kits". In other parts of the country I've heard them referred to as "tornado kits", "blizzard kits" and just plain "emergency kits". They all share similar uses and have much of the same materials. And for years, when it is in the forefront of attention, the kit is analysed, added to and brought up to snuff. Then as time goes by, items are removed and used, forgetten to be replaced, and basically the kit dwindles down to where it would be of dubious value in a disaster.

Such is the case when I checked my kit after reading the above noted article. So I am going to begin a series of posts where I will tell on myself, and as I bring the kit back up to snuff I will tell you what is in it.

Tomorrow, Item #1 - Water.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home