Sunday, May 20, 2007

He Said What???

I had planned to post a liitle bit this morning about a car show at a festival I went to in Harrison, AR yesterday. Instead, I see a headline on my computer about comments made by former President Jimmy Carter regarding the current administration.

What I find particularly galling about his comments in this article was President Carter referring to President Bush's adminstrayion as "the worst in history" in international relations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the man who sat in the Oval Office while Iranian militants held U.S. Citizens hostage for 444 days? Isn't he the man who's inaction emboldened third world countries to start taking action against the United States, instead of the verbal pot shots they had limited thremselves to prior to the Iranian Hostage Crisis? This from a man who was afraid to take action to protect this country, and instead chose to react (poorly, IMNSHO) to events as they happened?

I have often heard of President Carter's administration referred to as the worst in modern history. Maybe he is just trying to push that label on someone else.

President Carter, stick to building houses for poor folks, and leave governing to others.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home