Monday, September 26, 2005

Yes Cindy, It's All About You

In a New York Daily News Article which ironically carried the headline "Slain G.I.'s dad rips 'peace ma'", Cindy Sheehan finally told us what it really is all about. The first half of the article was about her (no surprise) and carried the following quote (emphasis mine):

"It's time to do the right thing. It's about my oldest son never coming home again. It's about me never getting to hear his voice. It's about me never getting to stroke his head. I'm never going to have grandchildren from him," she said, her voice breaking.

I've always been told if you listen closely, you'll find out what the person really wants, no matter what they are actually saying. Cindy has finally told us what it really is all about.

I had written this Saturday morning, then had second thoughts about posting it. Those thoughts started evaporating when I saw the pictures of her at the White House gate surrounded by photographers, smirking as she had her picture taken yet again. They were further gone when I saw the smirk on her face as she was arrested. They were totally gone when I read in an AP article how she smiled as she was carried off and then walked into the police van.

Yes, Cindy, it's all about you. Enjoy the attention, once it's gone you'll be a footnote in history, just like many from the anti-war movement of the 70s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home